Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hole in 1!

On Father's Day, we hosted my Father in law, my Brother in law and a few other fathers and their families over at our house for a get together. I didn't want to make a cake specifically for my husband and not anyone else, so I had almost decided not to make one at all. But when I woke up that morning I knew we would be makeing homeade ice cream that day and I just kept thinking that we would need a little cake to! ( If you haven't heard, cake goes with everything!!) Well I had about 2 hours to make a cake before all the guests arrived, so this is the result of a quickly baked and decorated Father's day cake. All of the dads we had over all play golf when they have free time that hasn't been scheduled to the max by their lovely wives, (so you can imagine that is almost never) but none the less they try and make it out for a game together once every couple of months, so I thought since they all played golf, that a golf cake would be cute! My brother in law said I should have just made the whole thing a sand trap since that is where they all spend most of their time, but I have faith in them! The writing is actually small little balls meant to be golf balls as well as the trim around the cake. We ended up having a great day and yesterday when I got home from work, I went to the cake saver, and do you guys know there wasn't one piece left! I guess the cake really was a hole in 1!!

1 comment: